Saturday, September 22nd 8:30a – 4:00p Childhood Cancer Survivorship Conference: Moving Forward! Calling all parents, survivors of all ages, and siblings, this conference is for you! With a focus on health and wellness as you move past the initial treatment phases, learn from national speakers and local experts including doctors, nurses, child life, social workers; network with others who have walked a similar path; and build your resources! There is something for everyone as we enjoy the day together in age appropriate interactive sessions.
- Three learning tracks based on age:
- Children Survivor/ Sibling Learning track 5y -13y: Enjoy hands on learning and age appropriate fun with health and wellness topics including nutrition; exercise; building relationships, self expression and self esteem.
- Young adult survivor / sibling track 14y – 22y: Learn interactively with pertinent topics including late effects of cancer treatment, dealing with stress, building positive relationships, celebrating survivorship and taking charge of your life!
- Parent / Caregiver Track: Discuss late effects of cancer treatment, health and wellness topics, family relationships, advocating for your child, and more!
- Continental breakfast and lunch provided.
- Incredible resources for all ages.
- Note: Childcare is not available for those under 5 years of age.
- CCN is pleased to offer a variety of events and experiences for children/teens battling childhood cancer, along with their families at no cost. When a family is unable to attend, early notification of the cancellation is appreciated so that others may be invited to the event from the wait list. If notification of cancellation is not received, CCN reserves the right to limit the attendance of that family for other events for which there may be a wait list. CCN also reserves the right to partner with families to ensure that the event is the right fit for their child based on the age of the child/children and activity.PRE-REGiSTRATION IS REQUIRED To participate, RSVP below:
- Questions? Please call CCN at 480-398-1564